Wednesday, December 9, 2009

All Moved Out


We are finally all moved out of our beach cottage. The past few days have been the busiest that we have had in a long time. This is Cody's finals week, so he is busy with that. It all started on Monday after Cody's pathology final..We started packing up things in the house to prepare for the move. Then on Tuesday we started moving everything over into the new place. You wouldn't think that we would have a ton of stuff since we had to bring our stuff over in suitcases, but if you include all of the stuff that we had shipped from the UK and all of the stuff that we have bought here, it's a ton! Then after everything was moved and packed, I cleaned. I was up until midnight cleaning that house. Our landlord has been so hard to deal with lately, so I knew that he was going to be hard to please. I cleaned every nook and cranny in that house. Today we got up and came over to Matt and Maria's place where we will be staying for the next 2 nights. Then off to Chase and Lauren's for Friday night. Cody met with the landlord to do our checkout, and as expected, he was extra hard to please. So we might end up paying extra money for little things like a dark spot on the concrete where the car may have leaked, and a reconnection fee to reconnect the cable even though he told us to disconnect it! I know..it's ridiculous! I wouldn't pay it if it was up to me, but the problem is he will just take it out of our deposit, so there's not much we can do about it. Oh well..I'm so glad to be gone from that place to where we no longer have to deal with that man. We are landlords ourselves since we rent out our house back in Louisiana, and I would never think of acting this way to our tenant. I am now stress free..no more cleaning or packing. Now we'll just be hanging out with our awesome roomies who are so graciously letting us stay with them! Cody still has two more finals, but nothing too hard. We fly home on Saturday morning and are so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment