Monday, April 12, 2010

Next Destination: Brooklyn, New York


(Photo: compliments of google)

We got our placement for Cody's two years of rotations on Friday. He got placed at the Long Island College Hospital (aka LICH) that is in Brooklyn, NY. I am so excited! We knew that we were more than likely headed to New York, but this just makes things a little more official. I have been job searching like crazy for the past few weeks. I have applied to any and all jobs out there! I really don't care what I do (ok maybe I'm exaggerating a bit), but I'm just so ready to have a job. After two years of not working, it is time for me to step into the real work world. I know that Cody's clinical years will be challenging, but I really feel like this move is more of a challenge for me than it is for him. I mean if you think about it, I'm the one that's going out on my own into the fascinating work field of New York..it's kind of scary! Especially when I'm not even from the Northeast! Cody will be safely in the hospital that SGU provided for him..he's guaranteed a position, and I'm not, especially with so many people out of work. Hopefully I will hear something back from some of these people that I'm sending resumes to. It's just so difficult when I am in Grenada, so they can't contact me by phone. I have to depend soley on email. I will be so glad to be back in the States, which will make it a little easier. I still think the sooner we get to New York, the easier it will be for me to actually get a job, b/c then I will be able to go to job fairs and interviews. It's such a mess. I have to remember that it's all in God's hands, and it will work out the way he wants it to! As of now, we only have 4 1/2 weeks left on this island until we come home for our break. We're not exactly sure how long we will be home this time, but Cody takes his USMLE towards the beginning of July, so sometime after that we will be New York bound!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited that you guys are going to New York! Hopefully we'll be following in your footsteps here in a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys! You are so good Britt. You haven't moved there yet and you are already looking for jobs. I am moving there in about 3 weeks and I haven't looked at any jobs yet. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to go to NY! Have yall found a place to live yet Maria?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't stress! Know you are in God's hands and he will open the right doors for both of you. Just listen to him! See you in 4 and 1/2 weeks! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete