Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Back in the USA


(Picture: Compliments of Google)

Cody, Macy, and I started our journey at 5:00am Saturday morning in Grenada. After standing in line for approximately 3 hours, we finally made it on the plane. Our flights went well until we landed in the Dallas airport. All of the flights going to Shreveport had been canceled due to rain and fog. So the airport provided us with a bus that would take us to Shreveport. It was bad enough that they took a 45 minute flight and turned it into a 3 1/2 hour drive, but then our bus driver got lost on the way which made it even longer. We finally arrived in Shreveport at around 11:00pm and were exhausted. We are having a great time so far. We got up and went to church with my family on Sunday for the first time in almost 6 months. We had lunch with my Mom on Monday, then I let the doctor take a look at a spot on my leg..Luckily it wasn't anything but a sunspot. Yesterday was a busy day..I took Macy to the groomer, which she desperately needed. Then I went shopping. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I loved being able to just drive around and go in any store that I wanted. Then last night, Ms. Tanya and I went and did the annual Christmas Run downtown. I had never done it before, but it was pretty neat because all of downtown was decorated for Christmas, so everything was all lit up. I almost froze my buns off since it was in the 30s, and I just came from a 90 degree climate, but I had a good time. Today we are going to pick up our niece and nephew from school to spend time with them and then head back to my parents' house for a couple of days. Cody has been hunting everyday since he has been home. He has tried to get me to go with him, but I just can't bring myself to sit in a deerstand for hours when it is 30 degrees outside. We are so glad to be home!

4 comments:

  1. It's great to have all 3 of you here for awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got home safely even though it took forever! I hope you guys have a wonderful break and a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy you had to take a bus from Dallas. I bet Macy enjoyed that part. I am sure you are loving being home. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are glad to be back home for a while. I miss you girls and hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and good time at home!

    ReplyDelete