Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bittersweet Goodbyes

Macy and I took Mom and Blake to the airport this morning for their flight home. I have to admit that I am extremely sad. I wish that they could stay here with me all the time, but I know that my Dad probably misses them terribly. We only have 9 weeks from tomorrow left on this island. I think that I am ready to pack up my bikini and sunglasses and put an American flag on my car :)..It is so weird how we have lived in 2 different countries for almost 2 years. I am ready to be back on US soil, and soak up all of the great things that come along with being an American! Most of all, I am ready to be closer to my family. Even though New York is still a plane ride away, it is at least in the States and not as far away as we are now. I am grateful for all of the experiences that I have had in my short life and at the same time, long life. I feel that it has made me a stronger person, and really made me appreciate the simple things in life that God has blessed me with. I intend to enjoy my last 2 months in Grenada, but am looking forward to what the future holds for us!

Here are some pics from Mom and Blake's visit..We took like 600 pictures, so there's no way that I'm gonna post them all :)


Macy with her new favorite toy that Mom brought her!


The Beach House


Mom and her kids at the Aquarium


At the Aquarium for Blake's 20th Birthday!

5 comments:

  1. That is so cool that they came to visit you. Try your best to enjoy the island because trust me you are going to miss it. Time will fly and soon you will be home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your family got to visit, I'm sure it was hard seeing them go. And I love your top in in the Aquarium pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria..I am trying to enjoy the rest of my time here b/c I know it will fly by, and Kensi..thanks..my Mom actually got me that top :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hardest part of leaving Grenada was leaving you behind! I know you will all be safely home in 8 and 1/2 weeks but it is hard to say goodbye. Thanks again for the great time you showed me and Blake. Memories are a great gift from God, like daughters. I love you!! mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always tough to be the one left behind..That's usually when it hits me the hardest is when I watch yall get on a plane and leave me. I am counting down the time until we come home..hopefully it will go by fast! Love you!

    ReplyDelete