Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We Finally Made It!!!

We finally made it back home after a 24 hour journey! It started in Grenada, when our friend Kensi told us that they weren't letting dogs on the plane since it was an American Eagle plane (smaller plane), and that the next flight that would allow dogs would be on the 23rd (9 days later!!!). So of course we were freaking out! Cody tells the people at the airport that Macy is a service dog, but we didn't have her paperwork. Imagine Macy as a service dog..that's pretty funny, but it worked! I was a little upset that Cody lied in order to get us on the plane. I told him to ask God for forgiveness or I wasn't setting foot on the plane (I am already a nervous flyer, so I wasn't going to get on a plane without having things right with God)! So after that flight, we landed in Puerto Rico, and there was a golf cart and wheelchair for me since I was on crutches. Then we got on the plane and headed to Dallas. We were about 1 1/2 hours out of Dallas, when the pilot came on the intercom and said that we were turning around and heading to Miami because the DFW airport was closed due to weather. We were just sick! We were so close to being home. So then once we got to Miami, we had to wait a few hours and finally caught another plane going to Dallas. We didn't get to Dallas until late, and there were no Shreveport flights flying out that night. So we tried to get a rent car, but they wouldn't do one-ways, so we ended up taking a 3 1/2 hour taxi ride to Shreveport. By the time we made it home it had been 24 hours since we had woken up that morning. We were exhausted! I am glad to be back and not have to make that journey any more! Here are some pictures that we have taken since returning back to the US:


After church


Macy with her new summer haircut in her polka dotted bikini that my Mom bought her :)

5 comments:

  1. Haha...I am laughying so hard about Cody asking for forgiveness. You are so funny Britt. Crazy how Grenada always seems to make everyones exit impossible! I am so glad you are home you must be excited.

    And I don't know what to think about Macy's bikini..did she had one in Grenada? I never saw it. What happend with Kensi's dog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macy didn't have her bikini in Grenada..My Mom bought it recently and had it waiting on her when we got home. They finally let Kensi's dog on after they begged and pleaded for a long time. Can't wait to see you guys..Hope yall are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany I am so sorry you guys had so much trouble with your traveling! That really stinks and must have been so frustrating, but I'm glad that all of that is behind you guys now. Your part about asking forgiveness cracked me up! Hope you're enjoying home and I love Macy's bikini!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey babe, without hills on you are a heck of a lot shorter than I am, it is kinda crazy. Usually you have on hills when we take dressed up photos so it isn't as noticeable. Good picture I thought though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I know..I am a lot shorter than you! I can't wait until my foot will let me wear heels again :)

    ReplyDelete