Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Life in LA

When I think about all the different places we have lived in just 2 years time, it absolutely blows my mind. I sometimes feel like we are a military family instead of medical students. I have really enjoyed my time at home. We have been home almost 6 weeks and have about 6 more weeks left. There is a lot that has happened since we've been home. My cousin, Todd, who has NF2 had a body scan and found out that he has no tumors anywhere in his body, which is an absolute miracle. The only tumor that he has is the one that the doctor left in his head, and it hasn't grown any! Then on the same day that Todd had his body scan, CJ was injuried in Afghanistan, which was devistating! CJ is now doing better, but we got news yesterday that my Aunt and Uncle's dog, Gabby, has cancer. This dog has been their baby for 10 years, and I can only imagine what they are going through. It seems that both good and bad news have been lurking around the corner of our family over the last week or so. Our faith in God and the bond of our family is stronger than ever. I keep telling myself that God won't give us anything that we can't handle, but I have to admit that it has been a lot to deal with. I am just grateful that I have been able to be home for all of this, and am so glad that I wasn't a plane ride away! I will try to post some recent pictures of our time at home later.

The places we have lived as a married couple (pictures are compliments of google):


We moved to Newcastle, England after only being married 2 months!


Then we were off to the Caribbean island of Grenada!


Our home for the next 2 years will be Brooklyn, New York!

I can't wait to see where God will send us next..I am putting in my request to be in the South part of the States!

2 comments:

  1. Where 2 or more are gathered in name, He is there in the midst. And I am requesting the south too. I love you so much and am grateful for the past 6 weeks we have shared so closely together. So thankful God put family as a priority. We draw strength from each other. So grateful for the miracles God has done in our lives the past 2 weeks and trusting him to heal all our hurts and fill all our voids. So blessed to live in this great country and serve the one and only living God!! May God continue to go with you and Cody and Macy and keep you safe on your journeys! Enjoy the ride! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful for our time that we have spent together and love you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete