Last night we had a little Halloween get together at the Tingle household. We had a few of our closest friends over and had Halloween treats, Grenadian style costumes, and watched the movie "Signs" on the projector! We had a great time! I had to get a little crafty and a little creative with my decorations. Grenada does not celebrate Halloween, so there were no pre-made decorations that I could just buy in the stores. I had to make mine all by hand, which consisted of drawing, cutting, and pasting along with a little ribbon and balloons. It was a lot of work, but I had fun doing it. I also made spiderweb cupcakes. Again, I had to use my imagination, because I couldn't find cupcake paper in the store, so the cupcakes had to be eaten with a fork, and the store didn't have black icing gel, so I had to use blue gel for the webs...they still turned out pretty good for my first attempt. We decided to dress up as golfers. This was an easy thing to do in our house, because Cody brought his golf clubs with him to Grenada. So we put on our golf clothes (which is Cody's everyday clothes anyway) and posed with the clubs. We had to include Macy in our little dress up fun, so I put Macy's little polo shirt on her (luckily I brought it with us to Grenada) and called her our "caddy". I made a little sign and taped it on the back of her shirt so that everyone would know what she was. It was fun, and we got some cute pictures of it. After we ate our yummy treats, we watched the movie "Signs". The plan was to watch a scary movie for Halloween, but after discovering that most of us are wimps, we decided to go with a less scary movie. We still had a blast watching it, and there was still some jumping and screaming going on...I guess it was a good thing that we didn't go with a true horror flick! I have to say that we all had a great Grenadian Halloween!

My homemade Halloween banner

My spiderweb cupcakes
Our family of golfers
Our little "caddy"
Cute idea, Brittany! Glad the guys could take a few minutes away from the books to have some Halloween fun.......I am freezing some of the Halloween candy and will save it for you guys. Six weeks and counting.......guess you can start planning a Thanksgiving celebration - Grenada style.......
ReplyDeleteLove ya both, Tanya
We had a good time at the party. I can't believe we only have 6 weeks until we come home..I know Cody is ready for this term to be over!
ReplyDeleteThat movie was scary enough for me, since I was the one doing most of the jumping and screaming! :)
ReplyDeleteI think sitting next to you while you were jumping and screaming was more scary than the movie :)
ReplyDelete