This morning Cody woke up and told me Happy Thanksgiving! I said you do know that today is Wednesday and that tomorrow is Thanksgiving right? He said that he had his days confused. I thought it was pretty cute how he seemed to be excited about Thanksgiving even though we are in a tropical climate a million miles from home. Last year was the first Thanksgiving that we were alone without family. We were newlyweds alone in the UK. We had our first experience cooking a huge turkey that was way too much for just the two of us. I also cooked all of the tradition things like dressing, mashed potatoes, rolls, and we even had a cake (with help from Sainsbury's b/c I didn't have time to make one). I thought it was great..although we missed being with our families, it was special because it was our first Thanksgiving as a married couple. This year we have decided to spend Thanksgiving with our fellow American friends, but will celebrate it on Sunday due to the guys' school schedules. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Our first Thanksgiving as Mr. and Mrs. in our cozy UK apartment!
And we will miss you guys. I am sure McKinley and Vaughn MIchael are excited that there are two extra places at the "big" table so they can eat in there with the adults.
ReplyDeleteWe are doing all the usual - the menu doesn't change too much. But have no doubt, I will duplicate the same menu in December if that is what you guys would like to have.
The countdown is going slowly for this Mom!!
We will have plenty of the traditional food for Thanksgiving on Sunday, so you don't have to worry about us not getting any. We only have 2 1/2 weeks left!
ReplyDelete