Friday, January 15, 2010

Bye Bye Sweaters...Hello Bikinis!!!


We finally made it back to the island late Wednesday night. Everything went okay except for the airline losing one of our bags (what's new?)..luckily we got it the next day. We had a great time visiting with all of our family and friends over the break, but I have to say that I am so happy to be away from the cold weather. It was nice to put on my tank top and shorts for the first time in a month. I haven't been able to make it to the beach yet, but I'm sure it won't be much longer until I am in a bikini. Cody probably isn't as thrilled as I am to be back in tropical temperatures, but I think he'll manage. We are all settled into our new place. Besides it being disguistingly dirty when we got here, it's seems to be pretty homey. We finally unpacked and organized everything, and I have spent lots of hours today cleaning dirt and dust from every nook and cranny in this place. I think that we are really going to like it in this apartment. The breeze is absolutely amazing! I actually had chill bumps last night, so I curled up in my blanket for the first time ever since I've been in Grenada! It is such a huge difference from our last place. The island also seems to be much breezier than last term, so that helps a lot. I have to say that our two driveways are quite an experience to go up and down. The house sits on a mountain top way up high. There are two different roads and entrances to it. Both entrances are extremely steep, so I have to admit that I was a little nervous the first time that we went up them. Luckily the whole yard is fenced in, and both of the entrances have automatic gates on them which make it extremely safe. I think that the next four months here should be pretty enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment