Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Getting Back to Island Life

I had a very restless night due to a nagging headache. I think it is probably due to reading most of the day yesterday. I finally bit the bullet and got up at 6:30am (I know..too early for Grenada), and took some Excedrin. For those of you that don't know, medicine has the tendency to wire me completely. Almost all of it does..even sleeping pills, which I found out the hard way on an extremely long flight to the UK. So after I popped 2 Excedrin, I had to eat something..which I also found out the hard way that if I don't eat after taking medicine, then I puke. So by 6:35am, I had already taken medicine, ate some pop-tarts, and drank some juice. I tried to go back to bed, but knew that I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. So I just layed there thinking of the things that I needed to get accomplished today. I finally got up when Cody's alarm went off and decided to take Macy for an early morning walk, which she's been getting almost every day (walks..not early morning walks). Then I had to run some errands, so I've actually had a pretty busy day. Now my headache is trying to come back, so I guess I better go take some more medicine, so that it has time to wear off before bedtime, so that I can actually sleep tonight.

On a side note, we had a pretty busy weekend. Friday night we went out to eat with some friends at the famous Charcoals (aka..one of our favorite places to eat), which takes us about a minute to get to from our new place..it's great! Saturday was the SO Opening Social, so we went to that, and then Cody and me went to see Avatar. Then Sunday we decided to go to La Sagesse beach. It's about a 30 minute drive, but well worth it. We ate lunch there at the restaurant and hung out at the beach. We both got lots of rays..maybe a little too much, but we're finally starting to look like we belong on this island again after turning pale over the break. The good news is there were no sand fleas! Our friends warned us that we would get eaten alive at La Sagesse, but we never had a minutes trouble out of them.


La Sagesse Beach


Our beach chairs


At lunch


Cody at lunch

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful........!! Enjoy your last few months in paradise........Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the beautiful blue water!! Doesn't resemble Bistineau at all! See you soon. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete