We had a busy first weekend back on the island. Saturday we went with some of Cody's classmates on a Shadowfax cruise. It was pretty fun. They took us snorkeling, which usually I refuse to do because I don't want to be floating at the top of the water and become shark bait, but it was better than I thought it would be. We got to see these underwater sculptures that had been sunk to the bottom of the ocean. Cody and I would like to come back to that spot and go scuba diving, so that we can actually see them a little better. Then they took us to this little island hut in the middle of nowhere and cooked for us..which was delicious. It really was a neat experience, and I finally got to put on my bathing suit for the first time since getting back.

The view of the campus from the boat..just breathtaking!

Cody and me on the boat after snorkeling
Sunday was also an important day, because it was Macy's 5th birthday! I can't believe she is 5 years old. If she were human, she would be off to her first day of kindergarten..thank God she's not, because I wouldn't want her to leave me. We took her on a long birthday walk so she could explore our new neighborhood. She came back totally exhausted..Then we all took a much needed nap. We ordered pizza for supper, and then had a birthday party for Macy with cake and candles! We had a great weekend and are enjoying our breezy new place!

The birthday girl with her cake!

Cody helping Macy blow out her candles
No comments:
Post a Comment