
Today is my amazing Dad's birthday. This is a picture of my Dad and me at one of my birthday parties when I was a kid. I have always loved this picture because it shows what a daddy's girl I really am. There is just something special about the relationship between a father and a daughter. I am so blessed to have this wonderful man as my Dad. He is the most affectionate man that I have ever known. My Dad has the most wonderful smell, and I am comforted to know that I can close my eyes at any time, even though I am so far away, and remember how it feels to embrace my Dad in a hug and breathe in his smell. My Mom reminds me of the time when I was little, and she jokingly said that we were going to find another daddy. My remark to her as a toddler was, "I don't want another daddy..I have a Daddy!" That is exactly the way I feel today as a grown woman. God broke the mold after my Dad was created, because there will never be another man on this earth like him. I just hope that one day that my daughter will be lucky enough to have a relationship with Cody like I have with my Dad. I am truly missing my Dad today. I love you Dad, have a happy birthday, and I'll see you soon!
Me, my Dad, and Macy-January 2009
A beautiful quote: Daddy, to the world you might be just one person, but to one person you might just be the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment