Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hike to Mt. Carmel

Yesterday, I went on a hike to Mt. Carmel with the SO group. I have seen a few different waterfalls so far in Grenada, but I have to say that this was the prettiest one that I have seen yet. We had to ride in a hot, no air-conditioned taxi bus for around 45 minutes to get there. Needless to say, I was ready to get off that bus and start the hike. It was a very pretty day, but the trail was a little slippery due to the rain that we have had. There is one main waterfall that was breathtaking, and there is also a creek that connects it to a waterslide made of rocks that people can actually slide down. I did not slide for fear of snagging my new bathing suit, but it looked like fun. I did go for a dip in the pool of water that came off of the falls. It was another adventurous day in Grenada. I am so glad that we have such a great SO organization that plans all of these trips for us.

2 comments:

  1. You got such a great picture of the waterfall!

    - amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl..Your pictures are great as well!

    ReplyDelete