Monday, September 21, 2009

T.G.I...Monday!

I am really missing home today. Don't get me wrong, I really love living in Grenada, but sometimes I just miss being home. I think about all of the things that we left back home: our family, our friends, our house, our vehicles. It's funny what you really find yourself missing when you're away from home. I miss the strangest things like going to Wal-Mart or Target (I know that seems crazy, but try going without it for a while). I miss eating at all of our favorite restaurants like Trejos (man what I wouldn't give for some Trejos). I miss going for a late night treat at Marble Slab (the best ice cream ever). I miss being able to take Macy for a walk in our neighborhood where there are sidewalks and street lights at night. Sure I get to walk her on the beach over here, but then I have to come home and wash her to get all of the sand off of her. I miss our big flat screen tv that we sold before we came here (we do have a flat screen over here, but it's not nearly as big). I miss DVR where I can record all of my shows instead of having to plan my day around when Young and the Restless comes on. I miss having more than one tv in the house. I wanted to scream this weekend. Bless Cody's heart, he loves all sports...literally ALL SPORTS!!! And as for me, well let's just say that I occassionally wouldn't mind going to a Yankees game. After a hard week of studying, my husband decided to park his body on the couch all weekend and watch every game imaginable on tv, plus he had his laptop beside him watching the games on it that they didn't air on tv. So my weekend consisted of cleaning, napping, more cleaning, cooking, more napping, laundry, and hanging out with my Macy girl...Thank God for my Macy...I would be so lost without her and extremely bored. I did go to a baby shower for a couple of hours...Thank goodness for friends and their babies. So even though I usually don't like Mondays, today I am grateful that it's Monday...which means no more weekend sports!



My sweet angel...She keeps me sane in this med school madness!




I guess Macy keeps Cody sane as well.









4 comments:

  1. Oh - that picture of Cody on the back porch (or it could be the front porch)......that makes me miss my baby boy!!

    Eleven more days till your in-laws invade your tropical paradise......!!We will come bearing gifts, so let us know what we can legally bring into Grenada....

    Just keep your eye on the big picture and this year will pass as quickly as the time in the UK. See you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that the time is going to pass quickly..it already has so far, but some days I'm just ready to be back in the States, and I know Cody is ready to start rotations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Target so much. I saw a local girl here with a Target bag and it got my hopes up but apparently she just found it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too..I just miss having everything in one store!

    ReplyDelete