Friday, October 9, 2009

Are You From Mexico?

Yesterday at the Limes Program, I was asked a very funny question from one of my dear sweet kids. She innocently walked up to me and said, "Are you from Mexico?" I couldn't help but smile, but politely said, "No..I'm from the States..from Louisiana." Her eyes lit up, and she said, "I know where that is...I also know where Alabama is." Then she started singing "Sweet Home Alabama". It's funny to see through the eyes of these Grenadian kids. Most of them have never been off of the island in their lives, and many of them probably never will. So I guess I must look like a Mexican to her. I have dark hair and pretty dark skin from all of my days on the beach, :) so to her...I don't look any different. You have to love these Grenadian kids!

Here are some pictures of us playing games with the kids:






No comments:

Post a Comment