Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wimps in a Gym


Well, as most of you know, Ashley and me try to stay active in our free time. We usually run on the beach in the mornings, but after many long weeks of this, we felt like it was time to move on to bigger and better things. I guess bigger might not be the best way to describe it, and its probably not any better. We decided to run from campus this morning. We carpooled with Blair to school. Poor guy had to tag along with two girls to school. We dropped him off like it was his first day of kindergarten. He told us he loved us (thanks for that Blair...the feeling is mutual), and he anxiously went to class. After we parked the car, we took off. I have to say it was a very different run from our beach runs. We actually had shoes on, and it felt like it was twice as hot..I'm sure it was due to all of the concrete, and of course, no ocean water on our feet. After lots of huffing and puffing, we managed to make it back to campus. This is when we decided to lift weights. For those of you who do not know, the school has two workout rooms. There's the cardio room with all of the treadmills and things, and then there's the weight room. This is a room that I have always been too intimidated to go in. Except for the occassional times where I have poked my head in the door to look at all of the complex machines, I've never been in. So here comes two puney girls walking into a weight room with large men and one woman who I would like to refer to as "Gladiator". We watched this woman made of muscle pumping iron as we lifted our 8-10 pound weights. After our arms felt like they were going to fall off, Gladiator decided that she was finished with the leg machines and decided to move to a different machine. This is when we decided to jump on them. I layed on the large machine to workout my calves and hamstrings. I tried to leave the weights set on the same setting as the massive woman did...I don't know what I was trying to prove, but after a few lifts, it felt like my knees were going to collapse. So I reluctantly moved the setting to 10 pounds. After working our legs out, we decided it was time to leave..after a whole 15 minutes. "Last to come in, first to leave," as Ashley pointed out as we were walking out the door. What a workout we got today...I'm sure that we will be sore tomorrow! As for Gladiator, keep up the good work, and it was nice to workout with you...we will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment