Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lost and Found


Today has truly been a "lazy Sunday". I slept late, took a nap, and finished reading a book. I did do some laundry for a bit, which means the day hasn't been a total waste. The book that I read was one that Ms. Tanya left me from their visit. It is called Lost and Found. It's a book about a dog...so of course, I loved it. I don't think that I have ever cried while reading a book before. I recall laughing or maybe getting angry, but I have never actually balled my eyes out. I guess dogs are just a sensitive subject with me, because I know exactly how easy it is to get so close to them. I felt this woman's pain in the book when she was separted from her dog. It reminded me of when I had to leave Macy behind when we went to the UK. It's a type of pain that I can't describe. I felt like I was abandoning her and that I let her down. Dogs are such wonderful creatures. They love with no boundaries, and totally live in the moment. That's how we as people should be. I guess it may sound silly to some of you, but for those of you who have really loved a dog, you will know exactly what I mean. We are blessed to have them in our lives, and should practice some of the habits that come so naturally to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment