Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Suzy Homemaker

Sometimes this housewife stuff gets kind of old. I feel like there is always cleaning to be done and clothes to be washed. I don't know how people with kids do it. I can't imagine trying to do all of the everyday household stuff plus trying to take care of kids. I think I would go insane. Guess I'm not ready for motherhood. Everyone that I talk to seems to think that having no job and staying home all day in the Caribbean would be great...Well, it is great on some days. Other days, I am just ready for it to end. Yesterday was our 2 month mark until we come home for our Christmas break...We are so excited! Well, I celebrated our 2 month mark with a little bit of "spring cleaning" as I call it. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I feel like I have to clean all of the time. I wish I was one of those people that didn't mind dirt on the floors, dishes in the sink, or clutter everywhere, but I do. I even find myself washing our sheets every week, and really would like to wash them twice a week. What brought on my new attitude towards dirt? I have no idea, but luckily I have a little cleaning buddy who keeps me laughing as I'm doing this intense job. Macy loves to help me "sort" clothes as I call it...when really she is just rolling around in the dirty laundry. I think she likes the smell. :) I also find myself sweeping and mopping around her...literally, she doesn't move a muscle and just watches the mop or broom go around her. I also had the task of bathing the little stinker. Needless to say, my little swimmer hates her baths. She likes to be able to chose when she gets wet. That seems to be my typical day lately with the occasional trips to the Limes program, which by the way is today. Just another day in paradise!




Macy "sorting" clothes



Trying to get dry after her bath



All clean with her new bow that Mimi and Popup brought her!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA I remember you and Megan would call me Suzy Homemaker in Home-Ec class cause I liked to cook and sew!!! I think it's the "woman" coming out in us wanting things to be clean and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..I remember that! I still don't like to cook and sew, but I am obsessed with cleaning!

    ReplyDelete