Monday, October 19, 2009

Will You Marry Me?

Two years ago day, my wonderful husband proposed to me! It is hard to believe that it has been that long ago. I think of all of the things that have happened in our lives, where we have been, and where we are now. I am truly blessed to be married to such a wonderful guy who loves me dearly. You know how they say that opposites attract...well this is so true, because we are without a doubt total opposites. He is all boy, and I am all girl! I think this is what keeps our relationship nice and interesting. We completely balance each other out with his mellow, laid back attitude, and my feisty, high-maintenance attitude. We always have a good time together with lots of laughs.

I think back to that night that was so long ago, but is still so vivid in my mind. We went to dinner at Red Lobster, which is my favorite place to eat. There was nothing out of the ordinary about this night. Just another dinner date with Cody. We came back to his house, where I had left Macy. She had a doggie door that I always left open so she could come in and out as she pleased. I noticed as we walked up to the door that her doggie door was closed, and Macy was whining to get out the door. I curiously asked Cody, "Who closed the doggie door?" He didn't answer, and we walked inside the house, where I was embraced by my sweet Macy who was wearing a pink ribbon around her neck with a card attached. I looked around and there were candles lit, beautiful pink roses (my favorite...they were also my wedding flowers), and a framed picture of Cody and me in Colorado. I bent down and picked up my little dog and untied the ribbon on her neck. I put her down and opened the card that was attached. Cody had written me a sweet note of all the reasons why he loved me. The last line stated, "And there's only one thing left to say..." After reading this, I looked at him, and he was down on one knee. I was in such shock that I wanted to cry, but couldn't. He asked me to marry him and opened this little black box with my beautiful princess cut solitaire diamond ring. Of course I said yes! He was shaking as he slid the ring on my finger. I was so excited...After 3 years of dating, we were finally getting married!

After it was all over, Cody told me to look into the other room. Standing there, was a video recording every minute of this once in a lifetime moment. It was the most perfect proposal ever! We have now been married for one year and 4 1/2 months. He is truly my other half, and I couldn't imagine life without him!




The flowers, candles, and picture that were set out!



My beautiful engagement ring (before my 2 wedding bands were added to it)!

One of my favorite engagement pictures that we took!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Engagement Anniversary!! That story is soo cute!! You two are perfect for each other!! Enjoy your day of remembering that perfect moment and all of of the ones you have enjoyed since then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was late getting home the night of the 18th. I came in and Blake and dad were sitting at the table grinning from ear to ear. I didn't have a clue it was happening. Cody had come to ask our permission to marry you. Dad gave him the father to son in law talk and also his blessings.I was so disappointed that I missed the talk and the ring. He had a dinner reservation the next night at your favorite restaurant. I had to wait 1 and 1/2 days to see your ring! And of course it had to be a big one. You couldn't wait until he became a surgeon. Ha!! That's my girl! At least you brought the video for me to watch around midnight that night. Then back to shreveport to show others. There was a time when I wasn't sure if you would make the right choice for your future but I know you let God lead you and you followed your heart.
    Thank you Mike and Tanya for raising a wonderful, God fearing son. We truly love Cody and are now proud to call him son.
    Thank you Cody for loving Brit and taking such good care of her. I don't worry about her as long as she's with you, even on the other side of the world. We love you and thank God daily for bringing you into our lives and Brits. I look forward to the day, when you are closer home of course, to meet my beautiful black headed grand babies. We miss you and can't wait for Christmas. We love you too Macy girl! Enjoy today and the many blessings God has in store for such a beautiful, special couple.
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad always said, He couldn't have picked out a better man for you if he had picked him out himself. Our prayer now is Blake finds a girl we love like we love Cody.
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mom..I'm glad that you all love Cody and treat him like family!

    ReplyDelete